Jump to content


Pollution and Silicoids


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

moccacap #1 Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:13 PM

    Ensign

  • Players
  • 2
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011

Since i cant post in the american moo forum (which is a stupid decision), i reply to this thread: http://forum.mastero...-and-silicoids/ here:

 

100% Pollution on the super biome Inferno converts it back to Volcanic. And Volcanic, as of this patch, cannot convert back to anything else, even with 8 workers its -20% Pollution on my abudant planets. Silicoid power!

 

Its save to say, stay with volcanic and pollute your sweet lava bubble during your conquest of the galaxy ;)


Edited by moccacap, 23 April 2016 - 04:24 PM.


BobHerzog #2 Posted 24 April 2016 - 09:30 AM

    Ensign

  • Players
  • 3
  • Member since:
    04-12-2016

I agree without the imunity to pollution Inferno planets are pointless for Silicoids. The research is better done on planets that allow higher populations (this "uber" planet has allows a smaller population than even Class C planets of the same size) and for production purposes you only lose a small amount of population by useing volcanic but you gain total imunity to polution!

 

In fact Inferno planets are inferior to all Class B, C planets of the same size for Silicoids! Other species might benefit from food production on the tiles and thus might consider Inferno worthwhile (on the other hand that is what Civilian Transports are made for).

 

Fun fact population is even easier grown on volcanic planets for Silicoids because Inferno planets don't allow Fungal Farms. Really a true "uber" planet ...

 

Oh and btw. for the administration: It is totally anoying that you split the community into seperate english forums!


Edited by BobHerzog, 24 April 2016 - 09:33 AM.


ArgH_ger #3 Posted 24 April 2016 - 11:46 PM

    Ensign

  • Players
  • 6
  • Member since:
    07-04-2013

View PostBobHerzog, on 24 April 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

[...]

 

Fun fact population is even easier grown on volcanic planets for Silicoids because Inferno planets don't allow Fungal Farms. Really a true "uber" planet ...

 

I don't think that fungal farms or any other food producing should apply to  pop growth for the Silicoids. They don't need any organic food - I'd rather guess that these rocks don't need any food at all...

 

Imho I would use the planet's mineral quality as the determing factor for pop growth for them.

 

Utra-Rich = Silicoids go crazy in 'sleazy bed-action-things (or whatever they do to reproduce) and mutiply like rabbits

Ultra-Poor = nearly nothing is happening (1 growth in 100 turns or something).

 

This would give them a rather unique gameplay style, requireing them to ship off large amounts of little Silicoids(civ transports) from the overcrowded (ultrarich) planets to these low-quality worlds, if they want to have a functioning colony there.

 

Also I agree that inferno-planets should't be downgraded to volcanic planets due to pollution. It's illogical. IMHO inferno = radiated, toxic and volcanic combined - the worst place you can imagine.

 


Edited by ArgH_ger, 24 April 2016 - 11:50 PM.


Cannes76 #4 Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:44 AM

    Ensign

  • Players
  • 9
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

View PostArgH_ger, on 24 April 2016 - 11:46 PM, said:

Utra-Rich = Silicoids go crazy in 'sleazy bed-action-things (or whatever they do to reproduce) and mutiply like rabbits

Ultra-Poor = nearly nothing is happening (1 growth in 100 turns or something).

 

This would give them a rather unique gameplay style, requireing them to ship off large amounts of little Silicoids(civ transports) from the overcrowded (ultrarich) planets to these low-quality worlds, if they want to have a functioning colony there.

 

 

This is an excellent idea!

Arktheon #5 Posted 28 April 2016 - 12:48 PM

    Ensign

  • Players
  • 2
  • Member since:
    03-09-2016

View PostArgH_ger, on 24 April 2016 - 11:46 PM, said:

 

I don't think that fungal farms or any other food producing should apply to  pop growth for the Silicoids. They don't need any organic food - I'd rather guess that these rocks don't need any food at all...

 

Imho I would use the planet's mineral quality as the determing factor for pop growth for them.

 

Utra-Rich = Silicoids go crazy in 'sleazy bed-action-things (or whatever they do to reproduce) and mutiply like rabbits

Ultra-Poor = nearly nothing is happening (1 growth in 100 turns or something).

 

This would give them a rather unique gameplay style, requireing them to ship off large amounts of little Silicoids(civ transports) from the overcrowded (ultrarich) planets to these low-quality worlds, if they want to have a functioning colony there.

 

Also I agree that inferno-planets should't be downgraded to volcanic planets due to pollution. It's illogical. IMHO inferno = radiated, toxic and volcanic combined - the worst place you can imagine.

 

 

Spotless thinking. I love it




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users