8 replies to this topic

MOO2MOD #1 Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Players
http://forum.masteroforion.com/index.php?/topic/98-humans-a-mini-biography/

Mikko_M #2 Posted 19 June 2015 - 01:00 AM

Lieutenant

• Players
The humans do look very nice already. :)

Bl4ckh0g #3 Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

Block Quote

Humans value courage, bravery, and boldness 

That three things mean the god damn same thing

Block Quote

Humans are not great at learning galactic languages. The human language itself is incredibly diverse and aliens are sometimes puzzled by the extent of regional differences.

That is contradictory, If we have so many languages that aliens are puzzled by it, then How come that we are not good at learning alien languages?

Block Quote

A common language is voted on every 100 years.

That is just simply stupid.

Probably we would have something like a "universal" language that would be the mix of English, Mandarin, Japanese, French, Spanish and German and some other minor languages.

Block Quote

Humans are known as charismatic and likable personalities throughout the galaxy. They are honorable and successful diplomats – relying on their inherent charm to win them many battles. In war, Humans are excellent with force fields and also command a solid knowledge of propulsion and planetology research. 

That has no historical base what-so-ever.

Charismatic?

Sure, We had quite a lot of Demagogues, but with that we can hardly influence alien cultures.

Likable is also dubious at best, If anything We would turn out like Warhammer 40k's xenophobe humies

If any bonus, We should get something like faster technological advance during war or something like that.

Since the Industrial revolution our technology skyrocketed, especially during the World Wars, We went from the planes that could barely fly 150 meters from flying to the moon in ~60 yrs

And reaching Pluto a couple of weeks ago

Block Quote

Humans are charismatic with friendly relations across the galaxy. It is a major strength and it factors into most of their successful strategies.

We spent the last 6,000 years with non-stop warmongering, I doubt we would be "friendly"

More like Mass Effect's heavily expansionist humans really

I mean

Mass Effect made an incredible job in the human department.

Humans are aggressive, expansionist and capable of immense technological advancement in short time.

As they've said.

We have the life-spam of mayflies, but the ambitions of Gods.

Or something like that.

Stop with this idealistic BS,

We aren't like the Federation from Star Trek

We are more like the humans of Mass Effect.

Edited by Bl4ckh0g, 12 August 2015 - 04:08 PM.

VMetalic #4 Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Players
First thing, did you actually played any Master of Orion game before?

Bl4ckh0g #5 Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

Nah

Never

Though that description is still not about humans whether I played the games or not.

E.: Actually

It's a big god damn whatever

Game is set place in another universe altogether, I just wanted to point out the annoying, irritating stuff from that post.

Forget everything I said.

Just a rambling of an irritated university student

Edited by Bl4ckh0g, 12 August 2015 - 07:53 PM.

VMetalic #6 Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostBl4ckh0g, on 12 August 2015 - 07:15 PM, said:

Nah

Never

Though that description is still not about humans whether I played the games or not.

E.: Actually

It's a big god damn whatever

Game is set place in another universe altogether, I just wanted to point out the annoying, irritating stuff from that post.

Forget everything I said.

Just a rambling of an irritated university student

Well, if you havent played any previous game, than you cannot know that Humans are in all previous games (third I dont count) portrayed as the best diplomats among all other races. In MoO2 they are the only demcoratic race, and also are tolerants.

Bl4ckh0g #7 Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostVMetalic, on 24 August 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

Well, if you havent played any previous game, than you cannot know that Humans are in all previous games (third I dont count) portrayed as the best diplomats among all other races. In MoO2 they are the only demcoratic race, and also are tolerants.

My problem was/is that the Humans of MoO cannot be correlated to us, real Humans.

I mean this is basically the same old same old idealistic image of ourselves without any connection to reality.

I am pretty tired of this so I rambled about it, that's it.

Like, these Humans are basically the same as elves, gnomes and dwarves just with the name "Human".

Well, at least we get the Terrans.

Which is nice.

Elkantar #8 Posted 06 March 2016 - 01:43 PM

Ensign

• Players

Bred and Games, Adaptivce to Social Systems and Enviroment, Many serve the few, idealistic but fed with prosperity made us sarcastical or ironic :P. We are just talking but our social structures, systems and beliefs made us and made us walk in directions. Democracy is just an Illusion of Sight for a Blind Man.

Boomer7 #9 Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:57 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

The flavor texts for the humans are a bit to peaceful.

In the intro it says that they stopped all their own wars, and set out to discover peacefully.

Guess that is why you can build huge spaceships to pound everyone into pieces. :D We set out to explore and discover new races and kill them.

But what really nearly made me puke was the ending text when you win in the council, which promises sort of everlasting peace and happiness for all.

Really that is just a bit too much. (And that after I forced all other races to vote for me, by brute strength after wiping out most of their fleets and the Guardian)

(Like the Mrshaan ending more where it said what happens when the pride gets bored of their new plaything.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users