6 replies to this topic

MOO2MOD #1 Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Players
http://forum.masteroforion.asia/index.php?/topic/84-mrrshan-sneak-peek/

Mikko_M #2 Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

Looks like a Disney princess cat. Needs work if the idea is to make the Mrrshans a little more scary than regular household cats.

Look at the killer instinct in the eyes of these cats and the much larger heads. Now those are cats that you don`t wanna mess with.

Edited by Mikko_M, 18 June 2015 - 11:20 PM.

Tagaziel #3 Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:11 PM

Ensign

• Players
I actually love the design. Being an alien species, the Mrrshan are under no obligation to resemble earthly cats beyond being vaguely feline.

Mikko_M #4 Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostTagaziel, on 09 July 2015 - 03:11 PM, said:

...Being an alien species, the Mrrshan are under no obligation to resemble earthly cats beyond being vaguely feline.

True, but I for one would want to see a little intimidation added to the design, since that cat design is quite cute and cuddly.

Edited by Mikko_M, 09 July 2015 - 08:03 PM.

VMetalic #5 Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Players
Yes, Mrsshans are warriors, having best gunners and being most experienced. More intimidation wont hurt them.

Vrrsha #6 Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:14 AM

Ensign

• Players

View PostMikko_M, on 18 June 2015 - 11:17 PM, said:

Looks like a Disney princess cat. Needs work if the idea is to make the Mrrshans a little more scary than regular household cats.

Look at the killer instinct in the eyes of these cats and the much larger heads. Now those are cats that you don`t wanna mess with.

Yeah, I just recently stumbled upon this project (among other 4X projects) to revive MOO1 and MOO2 series. I was a big fan of those games, still am. But the issue for me is artwork here. IMHO, Mrrshan race evolved graphically between MOO1 and MOO2 to a better direction. It never was a cookie cutter race -psilon was- but I loved the MOO2 feel in it so much. Here it seems more like a disney cartoon. I mean, in MOO2, mrrshan were ferocious warlords, not some funny lolcats. Its pretty depressing to say at this early stage that I'm not hoping too much of this project. I feel sorry for devs, since the thought of reviving a legendary game series should matter. In graphic department, which gives rpg immersion, I feel the effort is currently seriously lacking. I'd prefer it to get darker tones of MOO2 (for example sakkra also, the musical theme of sakkra ambassador in MOO2 was truely menacing) and work from there. Even as a strategy game MOO-series always had a fun rpg immersion to its original races. Its not the same if a disney cat gets into your screen meowing it is gonna see your fine empire crushed to dust and your children becoming their eternal slaves, compared to a MOO2 klackon in first contact expressing its disgust and promising you extinction of your entire race. That shock and awe effect is completely missing. -Veli-Matti

Edited by Vrrsha, 03 February 2016 - 02:45 AM.

Vrrsha #7 Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:41 AM

Ensign

• Players
Oh, not to mention MOO2 meklar. It really felt awe inspiring upon the first contact with cybernetic meklar in its tech harness (or body), with the cold ambient background tune. Good times...

Edited by Vrrsha, 03 February 2016 - 02:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users