What do you absolutely want in the new Master of Orion

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

milutin_miki #21 Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:38 PM

Ensign

• Players
I want just one thing: not to look like League of Legends. Everything else I leave to other players to deside.

Morraine #22 Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:18 PM

Ensign

• Players

Okay, this is probably going to be LONG

What do I want? (Never ask that question)

No Starlanes. I have no idea why an old game can happily do free galactic movement based on fuel-range, but modern games have to do starlanes. I can only imagine that it makes AI programming easier when it comes to military tactics.

2D Turn based Tactical combat.

The trailer hinted at tactical combat becoming 3D. I can see why this would seem to be a fantastic idea, but outside of an RTS, I think it would be more cumbersome and problematic than it would be fun. Spinning a map around and checking for legal moves, clicking to move but accidentally clicking on spaces BEHIND where you were meaning to and having your big ship fly off away from the battle...

3D seems like it would be great. I don't think it would be.

Have the tactical combat have a finite amount of rounds, before it carries over to the next game turn. Basically you're rushing fleets to a battle (possibly a defensive action) and the enemy is 1 turn away. You can only get a small fleet there in 1 turn but more ships in 2 turns and even more in 3 turns. In MOO2, a battle went on until it was over in that turn. What if you only got 10 or 20 turns of combat before the battlefield is frozen until next turn, when reinforcements have a chance to arrive? That could make for some stunningly brilliant and fraught battles.

Being able to set fleet deployment. Not having the ships line up in a random order, but set their formation in as much detail as you would when you design a ship in MOO2.

Allow people to watch your combat if you want them to. In a network game, you could choose who can see your combat. If you're allied with someone else, allowing them to see may help you down the line.

Keep the hard choices in the research trees. Need a good shield? Need a radiation shield? CHOOSE ONE. You can't have both. This was a great thing from MOO2.

Let us define a few auto-build lists. Mid to late game, setting the build queues for new colonies was tiresome. Most queues were identical and so it would be really great to be able to just click on a build list.

Better diplomacy. In addition to the need for better AI for this, rather than the way it was before (Aliens never trade fair and will always end up hating you) have different flavours of treaty. The trade and science treaties could have stages to them, maybe from 10%-50%. The same with alliances. Have the ability to negotiate what an alliance means. Does it just mean travel in eachother's space? Does it mean defensive military assistance? Does it mean full military assistance? that sort of thing.

Expand the role of spies/agents. I always thought that the 'Report' function and the history graph were too much of an advantage. They could be used to measure when and how to attack an opponent. Instead, you'd have to have agents operating in the alien territory and they would feed you data for the graph (more accurate as time goes on, or maybe even disinformation! Your graph could be wrong!!) and also they could build up knowledge of what tech the alien race had and what they were working on/towards. Are they on a military build up or not? This should be in addition to stealing and sabotage. Both of these though should have the option to focus your efforts. Want to take a specific space-station down? you can ask your spies to do that, but it will be MUCH harder to do. Same with Tech. You want a certain tech? Okay, tell your spies that, but it will be much harder to get and you may miss out on other easier to get techs.

Have a penalty for suddenly changing what you're building. A nearly complete radiation shield should not be able to become a Cruiser in one turn. Maybe rather than setting a build item, you have a few different types of resources needed to build different things (not many, maybe 5 at most) and you stockpile them. As they re collected each round, you are shown what you CAN build if you want to. This would also stop wasted production when running out of things to build.

Have a much better set of diplomacy/treaty options with players. Rather than make handshake agreements over chat, be able to set a non-agression pact for an amount of turns, maybe even be able to specify certain systems where this applies to. If you meet someone and there's stars still available for colonisation in 'contested' space, you could negotiate borders and say where you can expand to without being attacked.

Maybe figure out a way to make ground combat more interesting. Tactical ground combat?

Keep custom races.

Make the game modable. Include modding tools. One of the reasons for the longevity of this game, was the modding community. Let them in and your game could last decades.

I think that's it for now :)

Rois #23 Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:08 AM

Ensign

• Players

Hi ! About  tactical  combat :   for  me    one  of the  best i  saw  was  in Dynastica   game ! It was   auto combat with  some  random   but depending  of  your  set  up  (  speed / initiative /  attack / defence   ) you could  it  controll    your  battles    :)  Also   those   battle  reports  were  available  to  actually  see  how  your  troops / set up  worked =>   as       moving  some  chess   pieces  on the  battle  field :)  So    you could  it  adjust  or  change  your  set ups :)

P.S. I  played  a lot  of   football games  and  when       2  teams  of  rather  close   level met  was  a challange  to make  tactic    -  depending  on  both  choices   and  according to  what was  going on    as  time  passed  you  could  it  have  several  conditional orders to adjust  how  your  team plays  /   even change  tactic :)  Not  sure  how  you  intend  to make   combat here  but maybe  some  options   like  to retreat  if  enemy destroyed     X  %  of  your fleet    /   some  '' focus fire  ''  on  Y type  of  enemy ships    and  so  on ... But  probable   to be  something  simple  and  eassy to  control ...

Good luck :)  

Carb1de #24 Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:11 PM

Community Prod Spec

• WG Staff
On the tactical combat aspect,  we'll see how things pan out. There are certainly some interesting suggestions in this topic. ;)

On modding, you do bring up a good point, Morraine. I'll make sure to pass them on as, like you mentioned, they do add to the game's longevity. Mods are the main reason why I still play Skyrim today.

Banestalk #25 Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:49 PM

Ensign

• Players

NO microtransactions whatsoever.

Please, pleeeeaaaase don't make this into turn based World of Tanks in Space!

Edited by Banestalk, 11 July 2015 - 07:50 PM.

VMetalic #26 Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

I would like to see Antaran attacks in the game. The look they had in MoO2 was aside of their heads pretty sketchy and confusing, looking like they had "huge thin appendages" that were arms, and bodies that were... well, they simply looked weird :) So I would like to have a clear view on them, maybe use some elements from MoO3. And their ships to have the shapes of their MoO2 versions, not sure if they appeared in third game at all. I liked it how their ships looked "alien" in comparison with the playable ships, also being asymmetrical :)

As others said, Diplomacy is often neglected in 4X and similar games. In MoO2 (I played only that one, not 1 nor 3) the diplomacy pretty much was either "be a friend, be an ally, be an enemy". Forming an Alliance with one player (AI) only to cancel it because the AI wants you to go to war that you dont want. Civilization V does not have a Diplomacy that much better, but there were some more options, like "demand the stop to spying or colonizing near you". Expand on that. Make there much more options of defining the diplomatic relations with others, like other people before me said. Maybe form a treaty about the specific area of space, on who can colonize the planets in here. Even, maybe include something like the World Council/United Nations from CiV5, where there may be some "galactic treaties", for example the forbidding of use of planetary bombardments, amount of large warships (Titan, Doomstar, and maybe, (maybe) Battleship) to be fielded (maybe not so good idea), embargo on players etc.

Beside colonizing the gas giants and asteroid belts, something that I am missing is that there werent moons to be colonized. And also just 5 planets per star system as max. Also potentially more names for planets in the star system. In Sol System there arent "Earth I-V", but "Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter". Not used for every star system, but lets say you have a star system called "Vega Centauri", with three planets that have names Vega Centauri Prime, Vega Centauri II and Vega Ventauri III. When you colonize first planet, you may name it just "Vega Centauri" and colonizing second planet you may rename it into "New Texas". Its not that important, I admit, but something that would spice it up. Not important to implement. But the inclusion of moons and more than 5 planets should be.

Again, Spying to be better. From others it seems Spying in MoO1 is better than in MoO2, so I will leave someone else to talk about that.

More events and "creatures". The Space Eels, Amoebas, Space Dragons, Crystals, I loved that, so you may definitely go for that, maybe make rogue ships or pirates roam the galaxy and be a problem to you. Even having pirate bases. :) Maybe more than just one kind of natives, the blue gorilla aliens were interesting addition to the game, but it was sort of weird that they werent increasing their population, and there was only one kind that appeared on several different worlds. Maybe have 4 natives that will all act the same just have different appearances. If they should have names, that is up to the debate. Maybe even make it so the community, the fans, design these new natives aside of the blue ogres :)

Also, the interface of the planet surface may be like MoO2, where you can see the colony with the buildings expand. And that there may be visual representation of the special traits of planets, like a village huts of the natives, gold/gem deposits visible on the mountains in the distance, and the ancient ruins also being seen in the distance. Maybe even, be it like cities in Heroes of Might & Magic 5, a 3D vision around the colony to look around it, but that is just for the eye candy. The visual representation of deposits etc. should be put in, to make the world more unique in your empire.

Something that was irritating was that if you made some research of new weapon, it was or wasnt placed on your Star Base, Battlestation or Star Fortress. Maybe give you an opportunity to design the complement of weapons, and maybe other equipment for all your space stations? Not that two planets with starbases will have two different station layouts. But that the changes will be applied to all space stations. Similar thing may be applied to other planetary defenses.

And the usual, tactical space battles, maybe even tactical ground battles (not as important since it wasnt in any previous game, but you may gain some points with this one), custom races and, most importantly, make the trademark of Master of Orion a justice the series deserves and make a game we all shall play for the next 2 decades :D And no micro-transactions and skin pack DLCs, witht aht you will kill it.

Edited by VMetalic, 12 July 2015 - 08:45 PM.

Jayky #27 Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:34 AM

Ensign

• Players

I would liked the idea of race specific planet environments like it was done in MOO3. So that having many different races in your empire enables a faster colonization of more different planets.

You know what really grinds my gears?

Saying you make a modern game, but limited to one OS only!!!!

When you want doing a modern game stop thinking in the limitations of the 90s...

alfonslm #28 Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:40 AM

Ensign

• Players

One thing you have to add to the game is game speed like the system in Civ. It wold be really awesome if you made it possible to play up to a week without killing the game play.

One thing I want to see is a cue system so you don´t have to tell the units and colony every turn what they should do like that in Total War Rom.

Sargento_YO #29 Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:25 PM

Ensign

• Players
Something I really enjoyed of Master of orion I was its ramdomness and replayability. Hell, sometimes I still play it. About Master of orion II, I liked it, and played it for several years, but eventually I got bored because most of the games allways ends in a single Doom star full with Heavy Auto disrupters (and achilles targeting unit, structural analizer, high energy focus, etc) whipping out entire fleets of all purpose enemy ships. (While in Moo 1 the computer sometimes managed to create dedicated ships which are able to give a nasty surprise).

Executor_Tauron #30 Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:19 AM

Ensign

• Players
I dont thinnk I will buy the game if it has starlanes. They can do much more better than that. I was just at US forum writing about it. There is plethora of examples from Sci-fi shows that they can make as obstacles in space, certain choke points etc without need for starlanes. I saw picture of starlanes from one interview , first i thought it was a rumour now they are  breaking my heart haha. Also I am no big fan of fuel in space. With nuclear fusion and antimatter tech, I think one would worry more for resupplying ship and crews morale whn too far way in deep space.

Troubledove #31 Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:32 AM

Ensign

• Players

My first and foremost wish: Make it a redo of Master of Orion.

Original MoO was very successful concept in all levels. There is no need to change the core of the game at all, just overhaul it to modern day. No more or less complexity, the complexity of original MoO was just perfect, the concepts were good, the balances were good (and can be pushed further).

I use the analogy of Diablo II vs Path of Exile. Path of Exile is modernized DIablo II that takes the best of D2 and adds its own flavor to trancend the limitations of Diablo II (aka, the passive tree in place of fixed skills per class. Skill gems to allow freedom in skills despite classes) , while keeping as much of the core of hack'n'loot in place as possible and staying respectful and true to the original product - and Path of Exile does that very well. (Path of Exile cant use the copyright stuff from Diablo's - but everything screams Diablo 2 there in concept level).

I would like to see MoO redone in same fashion,

oghla #32 Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:39 PM

Ensign

• Players

I started playing the original MoO in the 90's and have played hundreds and hundreds of hours. Pretty sure I'm beyond the thousand mark, actually.  And I played a few hundred hours of the second and I believe there's no need to talk about the third.  I still play a game of MoO a few times a year because it scratches an itch that no other game as ever come close to soothing. Not even the 2nd installment.  Especially not the 2nd.

I'm happy Troubledove and Sargento YO expressed pretty much what I think.  I'll add that the 2nd MoO is standard, standard 4X.  So many games out there have the same mechanics, I mean, it's Civ with starships.  Constructing buildings, buying them from some weird extra-dimensional market when you need it fast, assigning workers, blah blah blah.  I get that many people loved it.  It's the same with Civ, and Endless Space and whatnot; great games, but more or less all the same paradigm.  I find it's too much micromanagement.  I want my economy to grow on my planet; I don't want to tell my people to build a research center and a marketplace and a hospital and what not.  I shouldn't have to; people build what they need in order to grow; of course there's going to be hospitals and research centers and mining companies and automated factories and so on.  I want to spend my time driving my empire towards certain goals; I don't want to spend time ordering the optimal building chain queue.

And there comes MoO.  So what do I want with this new MoO?  I want it to be a real reboot, in the spirit of the first MoO; it had almost everything right, apart from a few bugs and not so great endgame AI. Here's the list.

1. RANDOM INVISIBLE TECH TREE: probably one of the most important aspect of MoO was just that.  It makes sense in a "simulation of reality" kind of way since you never know where research is going to lead you.  Did we know lasers would bring us to CDs and laser eye surgery and whatnot?  But really, the most important part is about how fun it makes the game.  And I think that's what Troubledove was thinking:  it makes every game different.  You cannot have copy-paste strategy with MoO; every game urges you to find the best solution to very different situations.  It's probably the most important aspect of replayability this game has, and it has a ****-load.  No invisible tech tree is going to ruin it, in my opinion.  Period.  If you haven't played a few hundred hours of MoO, you won't understand; believe me. Or don't; but at least then, get it on GOG and find out for yourself
  2. STRATEGIC LEVEL DECISIONS: I don't want to spend time deciding what building I want to erect on what planet, especially when, most of the time, I'm just going to repeat the most efficient simple-colony-to-fully-developed planet route.  It doesn't keep me interested; it makes me feel like I'm working and my job is repetitive and boring.  The slider mechanic in MoO may seem simple, and it is, and yet it does exactly what it needs to do; give you control over your empire's direction.  It doesn't mean MoO is easy; it means you spend your time on meaningful decisions instead of micromanagement.  
  3. EPIC SIZE STARFLEETS:  Why build a dozen fighter ships when you can build a thousand?  I really didn't care for MoO 2's fleet size limit.  Sure, it can be a challenge to fit a thousand fighters on a tactical map, but that's just the wrong direction, again, I believe.  There's no need to control ships one by one as there's not need to stack them ALL by ship type like MoO did.  I think you'd still want to keep units filled with the same kind of ships, but you could have X number of ships per "square", depending on size.  Fit 4 huge ships in a square or 256 fighters or 16 large ships and so on...  These differences in ship size and numbers played a great role in fleet and tech management in MoO; you can blast huge ships easily with the death ray, but you'll be toast if a thousand fighters come your way and you can only kill a half-dozen each turn.  
  4. FREE SPACE: I agree with a lot of the people here; starlanes aren't so great.  There is wonder in the chaos of free space where no planet is safe because of some chokepoint in infinity.  There's always a sphere of influence limit to where you can attack (if you keep the "fuel cell" mechanics from the original MoO) and it gives a sense of freedom and danger which, I think, really adds a lot to the overall experience and feeling of the game.
  5. CUTTHROAT DIPLOMACY: Make sure no race is there to hold hands in happy communion.  I think MoO was perfect in its principles.  Make sure the A.I. have a plan and don't hesitate to stab you in the back to further that plan.  And that they don't just help the strongest player win.  -----  So in just a few words...
  6. MAKE IT LIKE MoO, JUST BETTER:   it was almost perfect; the spying system, diplomacy, tactical combat, asymmetric race powers,  INVISIBLE TECH TREE, did I mention that?  Lots of features doesn't equal depth.  Please remember that.  Please please please.  Otherwise, well, I guess I'll just go back to MoO 1 and wait for some developers to understand how great it was.  I mean, sure MoO 2 was nice, but there's a void to be filled with a true Strategic-level game that none other than MoO 1 ever managed to fill.

Thank you for reading.

Executor_Tauron #33 Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:57 AM

Ensign

• Players

So many very good points already by veteran player. Hope devs listen and execute, at least add to the game eventually and evolve it. If there has to be starlanes is it possible to make it optional game mechnic pre start? I am not sure if s there more to add, I will just say few things whn i daydream strategy with certain lvl of rpg within game in my mind :)

I am no fan of space travel being limited by fuel. I understand it is there for strategic reasons, but It is silly mechanic that far in future. We currently have warships and submarines that go like "forever" on nuclear power. So idea that ships range is limited by "fuel" is meeh to me, especialy reading few days ago that NASA might go for making EMdrive. With current tech we needed like 9 years to reach pluto, on EMdrive apparantly 18months. So reading about fuel being the reason, its meeh hehe. It is not that I dont want ships to have certain travel range limit. There are other factors that can affect range, how far from nearest habitable planet, starbase, current ship tech that affects crew moral, supplies etc. Also having small fleet harrasing behind enemy lines, getting what you need through raid. No ship at start stage is like selfreliable. Also having few stages of range you can move your, fleet movment risk vs reward.

I'd like to see possibility of migrations. Not just that certain factions splinter in factions and go to civil war, but like go on migration through galaxy looking for new homeworld. It also might be harder to wipe out your enemy. I was thinking of migration of nations on earth pre dark ages and it is not new idea in sci-fi either. Independance day comes to mind. Had me thinking of Mass Effect if that was like 4X game and you as player start with Quarian species. Also having certain pirate factions roaming galaxy, raiding vulnerable systems or being paid to harass enemy worlds through diplomacy..eeh! :D

I was reading in one interview that you can nuke planets to oblivion and apparantly in previous MOO games you could destroy planets. While you can do that and it might be easy, it should def add negative to your reputation or diplomacy rating. How long before even your allies say you are meanace to the galaxy. Conquering another planets could be done through diplomacy as well. Give option to surrender, while enemy faction may say no, the inhabitants of that world after long siege may give in, depending if you threaten them or ive them like granty t leave offworld peacfully or even make them citizen. Some choose to stay, other leave...that is like meaningfull diplomacy to me.

Some want largr fleets or epic fleets. I want epic or rather remeberable engaments in space. Epic doesnt mean just lots of ships on map shooting at each other or zerging your way through the galaxy. I have seen those videos of EVe online huge battles and from one 4x game called star ruler, to me it looked more messy than anything. Also combat in galCiv 3 was very very dissapointing. If it is not manageable at some meaningfull lvl, than it is dissapointing. I dont care f you make tactical battles rlt with ability to pause and issue orders or turnbased as long as we have some meaningfull interaction. I was thinking total war in space lol, but that is just wishfull thinking :D

Make our homeworlds feel really important, at least up to late game. Lot of early colonisation has to come from homeworld migration to colonies, keeping colonies productive at whatever they are assigned to. Therefor make terraforming expensive and hard early on. Also if there are aliens that thrive in diff atmosphere and you terraform it, possibly killing any native sentient life, that should affect your rating on galactic lvl. I would like to see that we can claim certain regions without direct colonisation. We did that with cunning use of planting flags (yes eddie izzard ref hehe). I think that is why we had "race" for Moon in first place. Maybe having in your fleet option to launch satelite or some relay that signifes you are willing to contest for that region of space. I think we have to live with idea that not evry system is colonisable, some might serve just as jumping board somewhere else, making spacestation to serve to connect you on gaactic highway or I have idea of renting parts of space. Which brings me to minor races.

Could we have "minor races" or rather minor factions? We all start as one, but maybe not all systems want to be expanding ruling galactic empire, some are just more inclined to fit in to one or another galactic power. It adds for nice diplomacy too. They can have few diff hull designed to give them distinct fIavour, but also boost to certain tech or engeneering. It should be worthwile for us to subjegate them early on or influence them joining our galactic struggle orrr liberate them! :D  Also was thinking of Bab5, how League of non Aligned Worlds was made to counter growing Narn Regime or possible resurgence of Centauri Republic .  https://en.wikipedia...-Aligned_Worlds

I could go on lol. What I could have written in rather few sentences from my point of view and my impression from other posts is simulation of empire managment in galaxy or part of galaxy that feels alive so to speak. It should give vibe that it is more meaningfull thn just looking at numbers, if I nuke this world, convert this to that. Etc, less mechanical like that, more organic feel to t, unless you play mechanoid race lol! Where evryone has certain aganda, down to individual nhabited systems or planets even. I wanted to say ships, but that woud be too much to ask. If possibility to add some of what  mentioned one way or another, or at least good illusion of it, without extensive microanagment, would be great. At least make it mod friendly, so gamers can add to it. Some games still live bc of mods. Oh man, starwars, star trek mods and Bab5 mod...has been some time since i have seen any.

Well, I am still excited, not hyped, but hopefull. There have been too many dissapointments in this genra.

Edit: Oh i have read some mention stealth, well instead of stealth ships that cloak like it is in star trek or something like that.  It would be great if we had fleet movment modes. Ambush mode puts fleet in stealth, depending on space region, your tech, you can hide your fleet and if successfull, can ambush enemy fleet. You gain certain boost to initial attack and movment, while they enemy have negative of those or something like that. Doesnt mean that it cant backfire if you are dicovered.

Also I thought that well developed systems with colonies can have their police force of sorts or garrison, that is not nescesserly shown as fleet. But sending spies might show defence lvls. If we have some military instalations in certain systems, they can spawn some ships and what kind, all can depend on tech lvl, how deveoped colony is, buldings, etc.

Edited by Executor_Tauron, 30 July 2015 - 02:18 AM.

Matze3666 #34 Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:29 AM

Ensign

• Players

Great... bring back MoO and MoO2 ... but forget about the grafic style and controls of MoO3 .. better would be - commanding ships - like in the computergame Ascendency (1995) ...:rolleyes:

good would be the old password request .. that was somehow funny too :D

.. and... bring also back ...the well known cheats and shortcuts like used in the origin games :)

Addicus #35 Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

Not to make this too long so I'll be very short:

1. Don't just make MOO2 with better graphics and one or two "new" tricks.

2. Do beg/borrow/steal the best ideas from other games (Galactic Civ, Homeworld, Alpha Centari)

2a (Custom ship and race designs)

2b (Unusual tech - think Alpha Centari)

2c (Tech web, not tech tree - Beyond Earth, only better)

2d (etc. etc. etc)

3. Merge everthing together with careful balance to make the most comprehensive Space 4X game to date.

Bubasparks #36 Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:14 AM

Ensign

• Players

Redraw Psilons!!! They are too childish. (in MoO2 they were perfect) This game wont be played by kids, that's what you need to remember. Make art style little bit more serious.

Screen of finished research is kinda meh too (again look at MoO2, it has a feel of high tech, metal, space, alien tech).

What must be in game;

1. Random events all over the galaxy, and big variety of those.

2. Combat should be 2d but in 3d space, and again with random events.

3. Tech tree really must be complex, and not straight going, for example in some tier you get 3 technologies to choose, you can choose only one of those. It must be so every choice counts.

4. Heroes, generals or whatever they called,like in MoO2. Characters who give significant bonuses to fleets, empire etc.

And remember the perfect MoO was 2nd one. So dont make worse than that atleast :)

Edited by Bubasparks, 12 August 2015 - 08:34 AM.

Fernando_Rey #37 Posted 14 August 2015 - 11:21 PM

Ensign

• Players

To me this games needs to be based on MOO2, which is the best of the series IMO, and with the following features improved:

1. Larger scale
    • More stars and planets
    • Free space to explore
    • Pirates and minor factions
    • Larger fleets with less micro intensive battles
  2. More immersion
    • Specific faction/government mechanics
    • Internal events reflecting population desires and conflicts
    • Exploration based events
    • Deep graphical customization of factions
    • Role specific ships(destroyers as escorts I.E.)
    • Actions have reasonable consequences(bombing civilians should make everyone hate you)
  3. Improved endgame
    • Federations/coalitions against super powers
    • End game external threats(Antarans, Reavers, etc)
    • Ideology/religion alliances or blocks 
  4. Better diplomacy
    • Ability to create vassals and protectorates
    • Vast variety of treaties for research and defense
    • Complex trading mechanics(no micro though please)

Bl4ckh0g #38 Posted 15 August 2015 - 08:34 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

I'd love to see a really good espionage 

Also, It would be really cool If you could sell your obsolete units, or for example buy other species obsolete units.

___Canaris___ #39 Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

anyone who's played CA - Medieval 2 Total War will know there are a few dynamic chaos causing events that happen as the game progresses from the bubonic plague "black death" sweeping the world followed by in the invasions of the Mongols & then the Timurid dynasty from the east that add a huge new dimension to the game, just as your settling from one disaster another can strike that can force you to change all your best laid plans, as the game itself says 'it's easy to become comfortable with the enemy you know', I've never seen it this concept replicated in another strategy game, maybe you WG could be the ones.

I'd love to play a campaign game with dynamic events. As others have already said there are races from the MoO lore that could be utilized for parts and then well you might just have to get creative and create some new MoO lore :)

Lord_Demon #40 Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:34 PM

Ensign

• Players

I'd like to see espionage having few more options.

Many 4x games simply have "full invasion support" or "do nothing" modes for espionage. It would be nice to have peacetime espionage operations to gather info (passive espionage) and lay a spy network to use later. This would of course require some "maintenance" to keep up. Then you could ramp it up to sabotage, industrial theft and military defections during wartime.

Also, for diplomacy it would be interesting to have more then one option for conflict. Often there are a lot of treaties and alliances, but only one "war", which usually means "fight until extinction". There could be embargoes, diplomatic bannings, small skirmishes, full scale war (military units), total war (population is a target) and anhillation(extinction). Small diplomatic problems should not automatically trigger the worst options,

Unit experience would also be nice, so that having trained/experienced fleets and infantry would be a benefit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users