The Bulrathi

bulrathi

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Brynd #1 Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:34 PM

Corporal

• Players

Can you bear the Bulrathi? OK, I'll keep my day job...

The Bulrathi

17 June 2015:

Bulrathi view mandatory military conscription as an honour, not a burden, and those who don’t willingly go to war are not true Bulrathi. They’re exceptional at construction, as well as the use and creation of weapons. Given their nature as a warrior race, it is something they’ve honed to a fine art.

Bulrathi receive an attack bonus to their ships and ground combat. They also have a greater internal security bonus but lack the finesse and expertise with computer technology, making them vulnerable to spies.

14 June 2015: 
After countless generations were ravaged by violence and unrest, the Bulrathi have become skilled at construction based technologies and specialize in weaponry. Their ground troops are a force to be feared throughout the galaxy, however their emphasis on brute strength leaves the Bulrathi with a weakened grip on diverse technologies.

11 June 2015:
Aggression guides the Bulrathi and is tempered only by their desire to protect the defenseless. Their conflicting protective and offensive natures has proven to lead to disaster on the galactic stage. When championing for the rights of those less fortunate, it only takes a single spark for the Bulrathi to initiate war. 

Aquasarrious #2 Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:31 PM

Ensign

• Players
Never really liked playing AS a bulrathi but i did enjoy the race. Very aggressive and their bonus to ground combat and ship attack made them the perfect blitz race...

Rozjemca35 #3 Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:32 PM

Ensign

• Players

I enjoyed Bulrathi in MoO2, it was always scary when they have started a war with you, especially when they were close to your borders...

The graphics above does not look appealing, just compare their image from MoO2 with this one. They don't intimidate with pure appearance.. I just see a sad, bad looking bear with cataract. Hope it is not yet set in stone and can be adjusted in the later stage of development.

Seth_Steiner #4 Posted 13 June 2015 - 06:12 PM

Ensign

• Players

It's also not very campy, which was in my eyes Master of Orion. It's a pretty dull plate armor, as the Sakkra got nothing special to wear just armor like seen everywhere else and also the human leader looks rather standard, with standard face/head and standard admiral uniform. The leaders in the original didn't followed such conventions. and apart from that, even for a bear the fur looks pretty bad.

On the good side, it doesn't look too creative in terms of race design. It could be better but it's not anywhere near Master of Orion 3 or other 4X with absolutly crazy or horrifying alteration of older designs. In example Psilons and Silicoids. So even though the Bulrathi here doesn't amaze me, they're fine with me.

Boygor #5 Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:29 AM

Ensign

• Players

Ha ha, I always thought that the Bulrathi were pig-like like aliens rather than bears :)

I have no issue with the new representation, looks good.

Mikko_M #6 Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

Perhaps some muscles and broader shoulders could make them look a bit more intimidating. ;) Points for the head since, it looks more like a humanoid bear than just regular Earth bear. But the quality of the hair on the body and on the hands is currently really poor. 

Also the ship design on the background is a bit dull. 

Edited by Mikko_M, 14 June 2015 - 05:44 PM.

Aquasarrious #7 Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:47 PM

Ensign

• Players

View PostBoygor, on 14 June 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

Ha ha, I always thought that the Bulrathi were pig-like like aliens rather than bears :)

I have no issue with the new representation, looks good.

Nah, they were always bears:

I really liked the old armor. Really creative compared to the new one (you guys still have time to improve that ^^).

This one looks better: though:
Bulrathi

Brynd #8 Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:23 PM

Corporal

• Players
Great to see people discussing the Bulrathi! Thanks all for your feedback and comments. 

I've added in some more text that we posted on our Facebook page about the Bulrathi, to help give a more complete picture.

Please feel free to continue adding your thoughts and feedback about the Bulrathi here in this thread or anywhere in the Bulrathi forum. Honestly all feedback is valuable to us. 

MOO2MOD #9 Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Players
http://forum.masteroforion.com/index.php?/topic/90-bulrathi-a-mini-biography/

Bl4ckh0g #10 Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

Soooo,

They are Ewoks on steroids

Do They come in panda edition?

I would like to conquer the galaxy as space pandas

Edited by Bl4ckh0g, 09 August 2015 - 04:49 PM.

Irnist #11 Posted 01 March 2016 - 06:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

I always liked the Bulrathi. To bad Every Race got only one Addvisor. A Space Panda as Scientist, a scare looking Grzzly as your Wargeneral informing you about conquering a new technoligie and so on.....

On the Artwork:

I dont like the thin legs of the Emperor. Running around bear-foot all the time sounds reseanoable , but i prefer thick and heavy Combat Boots, fitting to the armor.

As a race of warrior they must by ready to fight even on zero gravity.

I also like the new Background a lot. A Race trying to bring wild ferosity and Protection of the weak together sounds very interesting.

Edited by Irnist, 01 March 2016 - 06:41 PM.

Also tagged with bulrathi

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users