Video and monetization policy

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Kordor #1 Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:40 PM

Ensign

• Players

Hey there,

I am wondering if there is any official policy / forum post regarding making youtube videos once the beta releases.

I guess the fact that this forum exists already indicates that Videos with MOO material are not forbidden, but an official statement would be nice.

In addition it would be great to know if there are any special restrictions to Beta (like no beta at all, or "don't show this feature/issue" or "mention that it is still beta")

And of course the thing with monetization. In particular I am speaking about the youtube advertising system most professional youtubers use either themselves or via the network they are in.

Would appreciate an answer. Looking forward to playing the game! :)

Edited by Kordor, 22 February 2016 - 05:44 PM.

Brynd #2 Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:52 PM

Corporal

• Players
Those with the Early Access versions of Master of Orion are allowed to share videos and screenshots of their experience - with no restriction on game features. Actually we're really looking forward to seeing what people share! 

Note though that the official terminology is Early Access, not Beta. 

Finally, for our other games like World of Tanks we have an established process in case anyone encounters issues after posting our game content on YouTube. It is possible we will post that process verbatim on this forum, but in the meantime if you do have an issue sharing Early Access video content on YouTube, just nudge one of our team via private message and we can take a look. 

Kordor #3 Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:56 PM

Ensign

• Players

Thanks a lot!

Are you fine with monetization via being youtube partner as well?

Brynd #4 Posted 23 February 2016 - 05:03 PM

Corporal

• Players
This is part of the process I mentioned - the exact statement we have for all our other games is: "Wargaming is happy for anyone to create content featuring our games and monetize this content using YouTube's monetization system."

It is likely this will apply to Master of Orion too. However, the gist is, if you encounter issues, let us know and we can look into it. 

Kordor #5 Posted 23 February 2016 - 05:07 PM

Ensign

• Players

Ah, alright, cool! :)

Thanks again!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users