Bug Reports

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

MrConway #1 Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:23 PM

Community Coordinator

• WG Staff

Please report any bugs you encounter in the release-version here.

Detailed descriptions and screenshots are of course very much appreciated.

twitterqxkfa.pngfacebook65yzk.pngyoutube1nk0c.png

DoktorvonWer #2 Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:38 PM

Ensign

• Players
  • Health bars on ships are not displayed in tactical battle after the first battle in any runtime. They're not present in subsequent battles. This is regardless of what setting is chosen in the interface options - whether always on, only when damaged, or only when selected.

• The game frequently hangs when 'exit game' is chosen from the in-game menu, and though interface elements remain reactive aesthetically (e.g. rollovers and UI sound), the game becomes non-responsive after the exit game button and confirmation dialogue is clicked, and has to be closed with ALT+F4, or else freezes with a crash dialogue.

• The 'threat radius' function doesn't work consistently. While ships appear to reliably close on enemies to bring them within the upper limit of threat radius, when enemy ships become closer than the lower limit set by the player, ships do not attempt to put distance between themselves and the enemy - they freeze and sit still, firing at enemies while stationary and below their minimum threat range.

• The 'threat radius' sometimes break, with the 'lower' limit button getting stuck higher on the slider than the 'upper' limit button. Ships then derp out and aren't sure where to go.

• Threat radius settings seem to reset themselves or apply themselves to non-selected ships in tactical combat, even with Admiral AI turned off.

• The battle analysis on various space monsters is grossly incorrect. E.g. against Space Amoeba, any size of player fleet has a 100% 'excellent' victory chance, even when the Amoeba completely destroys the entire fleet (in both auto-resolve and tactical battle) without taking any damage itself. 

StefmanRU #3 Posted 19 September 2016 - 10:08 AM

Ensign

• Players
Hi everyone. I've downloaded last version from GOG.com and on the very first space battle the game hangs. I tried starting another game with same result. File checking using GOG.com client found nothing. I was forced to downgrade the game until issue is fixed :(

Laegad #4 Posted 19 September 2016 - 05:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostStefmanRU, on 19 September 2016 - 10:08 AM, said:

Hi everyone. I've downloaded last version from GOG.com and on the very first space battle the game hangs. I tried starting another game with same result. File checking using GOG.com client found nothing. I was forced to downgrade the game until issue is fixed :(

Hello,

I have this problem too, and reported it in the .com forum (there is more people in this forum than on the .eu one... IMO they should not split forums)

http://forum.mastero...3793#entry23793

Edited by Laegad, 19 September 2016 - 05:56 PM.

StefmanRU #5 Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:04 PM

Ensign

• Players
I was able to fix the issue. To do so, I uninstalled the game completely by deleting game folder and cleaning every registry keys regarding it as well. Alas, built-in uninstaller failed to do this, so all these steps were done manually. After that, I checked gog.com client, it showed me that the game isn't installed. Next step was installing latest game patch and it worked! The 'battle hang bug' is gone! I believe that it appears when the game gets upgraded freom previous version. Hope that little story will help someone.

Laegad #6 Posted 22 September 2016 - 04:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostStefmanRU, on 21 September 2016 - 07:04 PM, said:

I was able to fix the issue. To do so, I uninstalled the game completely by deleting game folder and cleaning every registry keys regarding it as well. Alas, built-in uninstaller failed to do this, so all these steps were done manually. After that, I checked gog.com client, it showed me that the game isn't installed. Next step was installing latest game patch and it worked! The 'battle hang bug' is gone! I believe that it appears when the game gets upgraded freom previous version. Hope that little story will help someone.

You fixed your problem, not because you made a clean install,

But because yesterday GoG put online a new version.

GoG-25 : Version with this problem

GoG-26 : New version, that i just DL yesterday so i don't tested it yet.; but i'm sure it is to fix this problem.

Anyway, make a clean install cannot be bad...

Edited by Laegad, 22 September 2016 - 04:34 PM.

sysopsw #7 Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:00 PM

Ensign

• Players
Hi. Where should I send crash files?

Laegad #8 Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

Edited by Laegad, 01 October 2016 - 12:28 PM.

BicycleOfDeath #9 Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:39 PM

Ensign

• Players

hey MOO team, the game is super buggy after these new patches. Such as:

-The game gets stuck when dismissing a new leader (it doesn't freeze but no buttons work, can't get out of the screen)

-The game gets stuck on the diplomacy screen when trying to negotiate embassies with a newly encountered race (same as above, nothing happens when trying to exit diplomacy screen)

-Trying to build 5x advanced colony ships doesn't work - the production reduces every turn but it disappears from the production slot, and when all turns are done to build it, nothing happens, it just says 1 turn to go and it doesn't build anything

-The tech tree doesn't appear at all, blank screen

Pls fix... great game but unplayable right now!!!

terios #10 Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:49 PM

Ensign

• Players
If the AI builds the Antaran portal in a solar system, then the planets cannot be destroyed by stellar converter and the attacking fleet stucks.

SirMaoh #11 Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:20 AM

Ensign

• Players

Found a bug, which won't let the turn end.

#Discription#
technology breakthrough accurs (with no explanation) and round won't end

Savegame + bug description inside the 7zip archive below:

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

ThrakathCZ #12 Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:49 PM

Ensign

• Players

I am playing on a notebook, only on touchpad and keyboard and zooming galaxy in and out is not functioning (zooming with two fingers up and down swipe).

The same gesture in menus like planet list is working, i can scroll up and down in the list.

So i cant zoom galaxy properly on touchpad and must use page up and pg down which is slooooooooooow and breaks game experience (cannot use mouse because of medical condition)

Hope someone will fix this, i did some research on forums and i am not only one with that issue.

Also checked the same functionality in Civilization 5 and in that game there is no problem with map zooming.

Notebook: HP Spectre 13 x360-w001nc​ Kaby Lake latest, with Synaptics ClickPad

Edited by ThrakathCZ, 07 January 2017 - 02:51 PM.

Joshua_Lake #13 Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:55 AM

Ensign

• Players
I found a really annoying bug... i think this has happened to me before while playing through Master Of Orion... Im researching a tech and its a pick the tech u want option, so for Example Genetic engineering, i get a 15 % passive buff or 25 % buff i have to build, i want both lol so i go to another race and got them to trade me one of the options for it and i get the other one, BUT i did this when the next turn i complete the tech and for some reason i dont get the other part of the tech tree. hope that specific enough, really annoying bug

Boch151177 #14 Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:31 PM

Ensign

• Players
bloody hell, you want my crAsh reports but I am NOT permitted to uploads crash.dmp and error.kog ... how the hack am I supposed to send it to you?!

Attached Files

DannyBoy2k #15 Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:40 PM

Ensign

• Players
Bugs? How about the fact that the latest patch COMPLETELY broke custom races?

Huckleberry_Caine #16 Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:39 PM

Ensign

• Players

View PostDannyBoy2k, on 26 April 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

Bugs? How about the fact that the latest patch COMPLETELY broke custom races?

I came here to say the same thing.  The custom race selections are very much broken now.  The game allows for the custom selection and allows for custom picks; however, once the game starts, it's like the selections were not made.  I don't know if this is every choice, but a few are certainly not working.  Lithovore races now starve, for example, and omniscient races cannot see any more of the galaxy than any other race.  I only play custom races so this is pretty much a complete break to the game for me.

Please let us know if something is being done to correct this.  Thank you.

profes79 #17 Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:36 AM

Ensign

• Players
The same is with "creative" option - you have to choose alt technology instead having all of them. I started three times game before i realised, that this is not my mistake but problem is somewhere in the game...

Spaceboy_uk #18 Posted 25 June 2017 - 05:56 PM

Ensign

• Players

After hours of troubleshooting a crash on game launch I was almost ready to get a refund.

Ended up disabling all other background processes and it worked!

MSI Afterburner is the culprit - why won't MOO work with Afterburner running? I run this will all my other games without issues... be great to have this fixed so I didn't need to quit Afterburner just to run MOO.

Thanks

Haegar1968 #19 Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:00 PM

Ensign

• Players

Today i realized why the Bulrathi are so weak.

They get a low gravity penalty on normal gravity planets.

Yet the advantage of having a high gravity homeworld is, that you get no penaltys on high gravity planets. That is why you have to pay 4 points for it.

If the deal was: You get penalties on all other planets, you would get a point bonus like you get for chosing low gravity homeworld.

In the previous versions of MOO you always had no penalties on normal and high gravity planets, if your homeworld was high gravity.

Haegar1968 #20 Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:23 PM

Ensign

• Players

Considering the damage i can do in combat i try to give different ships different targets.

Yet they ignore it. Half of my fleet will happily shoot on some unimportant ship, denying clear orders. Just because its the first in range.

After that they might go after the intended target, but of course they need to reload first.

I always thought this is the price i have to pay for KI help, but nope. Today i battled with "full control and all the glory" to see my ship behaving like always, shooting on something clearly not intended and dismissing my orders.

This is not funny, this is not stupid, this is treason.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users